Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Who swiped the chips from the refrigerator drawer?

Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar? Johnnie Lynn stole the cookies from the cookie jar...who me...couldn't be? That song should have been playing at our house today!! It certainly plays in my head every time I think about the chocolate chip cookies the girls and I planned to make for National Cookie day. But more importantly, I'd like to know who stole the motivation to nap from my one year old!! It's gone I tell you, GONE!!! But before I get into all of that, let me back up and fill you in on our day.

This morning started off like most typical mornings around here, my three year old headed out to preschool with her father. She goes to school thirty minutes from here so he drops her off for me in the mornings on his way to work and my younger daughter and I pick her up around lunchtime. So my younger daughter, Evie Alice, and I sleep in a lot of mornings and then lazily begin our days after Ella Rose and Josh have headed out for school and work respectively. Then, I have my cup of coffee (or two or three)...and Evie watches Dora the Explorer while I start the laundry, unload the dishwasher and do random morning chores. All of this is of course followed by the reading of stories, making of crafts, and running of errands.

So today started off as a  typical day, only we seemed to be running ahead of schedule...I was thrilled. No estatic! This was the second day in a row I'd be running ahead of schedule blasting through the dailying chores, then the day came to a screeching halt when I checked our bank account. The amount of money there was WRONG! Don't get me wrong, I knew there wasn't going to be much there, (after all I'm a stay at home mom so there's only one income, right) but there was WAY less than I thought...so I checked on it, and discovered an unauthorized debit and off Evie Alice and I went to the bank to correct the problem. Singing "Money, Money, Money..." No biggie...well...it was a biggie, but nothing that really threw our day off. However, as I started to pull out of the drive way I noticed a bug in my car. And that was a BIGGIE!!!!!!

Now I, the lover of all animals even have a few limits on what I can stand and dirty bugs are not inside those limits so I made a mental note that we HAD to have the car professionally cleaned today!!!!!!!!! I don't mind lady bugs, other bugs that create relatively no harm...but just a dirty nasty bug..or ant, yeah...those have got to go!! No questions asked it had to happen! So off we went. We cleaned out the paper from the car at a local do it yourself car wash, because there's always a ton of paper in my car my two darlings see to that...they even shred it for me! :) Ha ha!

Then Evie Alice and I patiently waited to pick up Ella Rose. We filled her in on the plan to "clean the car" as she showed us the treasures in her folder from school and yes, there were some really cool treasures in there including a rocket ship, redlight, and footprints! How cool is that?!? And off to the "Car wash" we went singing "Working at the Car Wash" on our way...my babies looooovvveee 70s and 80s music, and musical music go figure. :) Of course so do I...and their Daddy is a lover of all kinds of music except for country music, which I love...so to say they've been exposed to a variety of music is an understatement, but I digress Anyway...once at the car wash, the munchkins ran wild. Literally!

They hid behind the snack machines, they ran up and down the hall way and ate chips and had a grand old time. It was a true adventure...and I had the nicest conversation with a man who had twin boy 6 year olds and a 8 year old daughter. He told me he thought his sons finally started listening about three weeks ago. I hope he didn't jinx himself.

Anyway...after the car wash adventure that fully erradicated the bugs, and if it didn't the mountains of bug spray I later sprayed in the car did, we headed home...talking about baking cookies after lunch and nap time.

But this is where we got derailed, my friends. Yes, lunch happened! The girls ate well...naps were attempted. Ella Rose made a real effort while Evie Alice kept singing to herself and running around on the bed...I had the hiccups and so I kept saying between hiccups lie down Evie Alice, lie down...to no avail...so I gave up...I left the girls to their endeavors and headed to the kitchen to begin preparations to bake cookies and fix supper (we were going to be running around all afternoon so supper had to be prepared right then). But when I opened the refrigerator snack drawer the chocolate chips were gone...bag and all! GONE! I checked cabinets to see if they'd be misplaced...no luck. Drawers? Nope...the freezer, the regular frig? No, no and not even the pantry. They've vanished! Perhaps an alien life form came in and swiped the chocolate chips so by the time we figured out the chocolate chips were truly gone the chaos of our Tuesday afternoons had begun again and we had to head back out the door.

Ella Rose threw on her dance clothes and packed her soccer bag. Evie Alice half unpacked Ella Rose's soccer bag and I do believe one of her soccer socks has sought safe harbor with the chocolate chips, because once we realized it was missing we were rushing from dance to soccer. So we ran home and the sock was no where to be found. The shoe Evie had carefully placed on Ella Rose's bed still was there...so I'm convinced the chocolate chips swiped the soccer sock, or maybe the soccer sock is now full of chocolate chips. So assuming the strange disappearances don't continue and that our door mat doesn't decide to go to the picture show the candy lamp, I'll fill you in on what happens with the cookies tomorrow.

Can ya tell I've been reading a little bit of Uncle Wiggily lately? Anyway, I look forward to writing more tomorrow evening.

G'Night! Boop Boop de Doop! I hope your night is superb!