Saturday, October 6, 2012

Memories, birthdays, and a fair

Tomorrow, I turn a year older, and as my birthday has begun descent I've pondered over many things. One of the most pressing in my mind being that I've now lived three years longer than the person I was named for or at least one of the people I was named for. And no, I don't mean she died three years ago, because she died long before I was ever thought of...rather I mean my life has already given me three more years than she had. Yet, I also know she'd already been pregnant 4 times and had three children who all but the youngest were much older than my girls. I guess I say all of this about my Grandmomma Betty Ann not to be morbid, but to feel blessed with all that I've seen and all that I've lived through.

The other person who's been on my mind a lot lately has been my Paw, my great grandfather on my daddy's side of the family. The girls have been listening to silly songs in the car lately and "Buffalo girls" is one of those songs. I can just see him with his harmonica singing that song to me. I loved the part of the song about the hole in the girls stockings and it always made me giggle.

I certainly hope that this next year brings many giggles and smiles into our home. We certainly had many today. We took the girls to the Ga National fair. It was HOT there, but fun. The girls loved seeing all the animals, getting stickers, and taking pictures. We all enjoyed sharing lunch and finding cool areas to rest. Did I mention it was HOT!!! Ella Rose and Evie Alice loved the Carousel. Evie got to try drinking milk for the first time and she pretty much chugged/spilled it. Half of it got in her and half on her. Ella Rose rode rides by herself... She rode her first roller coaster with Josh and loved it! Then we finished off the day with slushies, candy apples, and reese's funnel cake! With all of that in hand we headed home...away from the heat or at least out of it...protected from it by our car's cool ac. It was nice to be home, but deep down I know we all long to visit there again next year just as I look forward to yet another awesome year of giggling, songs, tears, and cuddles... I don't know what this next year may bring us, but am ready to embrace it fully. I just pray it brings some cooler weather soon...after all a fair in 90+degree weather is HOT...even if it's fun and so us this life I've been blessed with.

Boop boop de doop!

G'night!!!

No comments: