Monday, October 22, 2012

Time changes...

Just the other day I was thinking about how time changes perspective on so many things. For instance, right after my husband and I married and I moved all of my furniture into our house, Josh insisted that each and every piece of furniture have felt pads to "protect" the flooring. Y'all we have laminate floors throughout the house... Now five years later, it's nothing to give our daughters paint and tell them to have fun. Neither of us worry about the paint, after all the floors are laminate and clean right up.

Then there's the ice. We never had ice in our freezer until we bought the new refrigerator this summer. Drinks were just stored in the frig and water came from the tap. Both girls didn't even really know what to think of ice in their drinks and both now want ice water at every meal.

Working outside the home I longed for days to be home so I could get everything done and enjoy my daughters. I definitely enjoy my daughters, and get things done but the house is no where near as clean as I thought it would be... And I stay busier.

Money was tight many months when I was working outside the home. It's tight now too... But oddly not tremendously more than when I worked. My perspective has changed with that.

I always longed for time to read while I was working and never could find it. Now I have it and savor each moment.

And speaking of savoring. I'm off to do so now...

Boop doop de doop

G'Night


1 comment:

Ally said...

Reading is one of the perks of not working for me too--in part because I always read so much at work that I didn't want to in my free time. Glad you're enjoying staying at home.