Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fingers in the Refrigerator

Tonight as I bathed my girls my husband came into the bathroom to ask if I'd done anything lately to cause the police to want to visit us and search the house. I was completely dumbfounded. I told him that of course I hadn't and he replied, "Are you sure?" I was a bit more bewildered and a tad bit concerned that there was a reason he was inquiring about this when he said, "Good because we have 12 fingers in the refrigerator and I didn't want anyone asking questions.

I had to laugh! While I was bathing the girls he'd been working on Ella Rose's class snack for tomorrow. Since it's close to Halloween we just went with that theme. So tomorrow the darlings will have aliens and fingers for snack.

The aliens are upside down applesauce containers taped to a juice box. Under the juice box are two mini raisin boxes for feet. A spoon is taped to each juice box so that the handle sticks out on top and we attached twislers to the back to function as arms. Then we put googley eyes on the applesauce container. The effect is priceless. But the fun doesn't end there. They are also getting cheese sticks that my husband cut knuckle wrinkles into and we attached a thumbnail with cream cheese. The thumbnail is made out of bell pepper!

We have so much fun during snack week... Tomorrow night we will assemble edible eyes, strawberries with sprinkles and witches brew.

Wednesday we will be making dirt pudding and orange jack o lanterns. Thursday is Mummy pizzas and carrot finger dip. Finally Friday we are making pumpkin crisps and a veggie cat!

Well, I'm going to be up early to see our fingers and aliens depart from the fridge so have a great night.

Boop doop de doop!

G'Night

No comments: