Monday, October 15, 2012

Grocery adventures and the battle of wills

Whew! I am so thankful that things have settled down in our little abode tonight. My eldest daughter, Ella Rose, has pneumonia. I think I've mentioned that a time or two...anyway tomorrow is supposed to be the end of her fall break from preschool, but won't be due to sickness and stubborness.

Today was a great day. Granted, I tried to keep things relatively calm today because I was hoping Ella Rose would rest, but we did visit the recycling center, grocery store, and produce market. All three trips were great adventures. At the recycling center we discovered someone had dropped off some plastic toys to be recycled and they were right up my girls alley. So we distributed our recycling and gathered up the potentially recyclable toys and headed on our way. We accumulated: a new to us toddler swing, a dump truck, boat, and toddler ride on John Deere Tractor. I was very excited! Tomorrow we are cleaning all of these up with Lysol and I'm letting the girls have at it!

After our sucessful trip to the recycling center we did our weekly shopping trip to Winn Dixie. I truly love Winn Dixie. :) Anyway...on our way there, Ella Rose began to try to give me directions only they were totally messed up. When I told her this her response was that she was "just teasing." She's done that several times lately and her little sense of humor is really developing. I love it!

The jokes and humor continued as we visited the produce market. Ella and Evie picked out green peanuts while I gathered the rest of our produce needs.It was a very successful trip! Then, as we were checking out, we discovered they have a pumpkin patch and hay maze so the girls and I visited that too! It was fun. They sat on pumpkins and wandered the maze. It was cool! We may go back tomorrow and explore some more.

When we got home, the girls grazed on the new foods and turned our new coffee table into a boat. They had a blast pretending they were on a boat and that they were seeing fish etc...in the water. IT was cute!!!

So all in all...great day! But then the evening routine began. Oh man! Ella Rose was determined she wasn't going to bed. She didn't voice this belief right off...but headed to bed with her Dados (Josh) to cuddle; however, she couldn't or wouldn't be still...and this is where it gets interesting. She decided that she'd rather sleep with me. So she came and found me...only she didn't want to sleep with me.


And thus the battle of wills began. I was determined she'd not go back to sleep with her Dados. She'd made a decision and we'd stick to it. She cried, yelled, hollared, coughed, gagged, screeched, claimed her feet were falling off,disowned me, told me she wasnt my friend (which of course she's not),  begged not to be left in her room etc...and then resorted to telling me how much she disliked me and loved her Dados. And on this went for about an hour. Y'all it tore my heart apart, but I knew I couldn't stop. If I start a battle I have to finish it...and so I did. I think she's got the strongest will of anyone I know short of myself...whew!!

And yes, I won...but man was that rough! Once she settled though and sange songs to me, and told me stories and we said prayers she fell to sleep fairly quickly. By this time it was nearly ten though, and since she is sick and now more than tired...we postponed her return to school from fall break.

How I do hope that this little one recovers quickly...but I am looking forward to the time with her tomorrow and I believe she is as well, with me since her main questions right before she fell asleep had to do with the color of slush I'd want if we went to Sonic tomorrow.

Good times y'all....

I hope Monday wasn't too hard on you...it had its bumps here, but was all worth while.

Boop Doop de Doop!

G'Night

 

No comments: