Saturday, October 20, 2012

Tis a gift to be...

Yesterday, when my husband got home, he told the girls that he had a surprise for them but that it had to wait until after our Thomas adventure. The adventure was wonderful.

The girls had a blast riding Thomas, jumping in bouncy houses, doing bean bag tosses, playing with chalk and bubbles, coloring, getting stamps, listening to stories, singing songs, and even getting fake tattoos. It was great! We spent hours there and had no hurry.

Both girls napped on the way home and we all relished in another day of family fun.

Then tonight I mentioned the surprises. I had no idea what was coming next. Josh hadn't talked to me, but when I mentioned it he said the surprise was outside and went out to retrieve it.

The surprise is.... Two cardboard boxes. They are identical and can easily allow both girls to fit inside them. Josh told the girls they can each decorate their own engine (box) car and have their own trains.

I'm so excited!!! It's like I was just given a box. As a child one of my favorite books was "Christina Katerina and the box." In this book, Christina's mom has gotten a refrigerator and Christina uses the box as a club house, then as a race car, then as a kitchen.

I can hardly wait to see what the girls do with these boxes. It just goes to show it's the simple things in life... Like boxes that can truly make a child's day.

Boop doop de doop.

G'Night

No comments: