Monday, October 8, 2012

Manic Monday

Short post tonight. We are getting ready to go on vacation tomorrow and in all my infinite wisdom I decided to completely clean the house and pull out another seasons clothes to pack us...

Top 5 favorite things about the fall...

10) Apple picking with my family. Every September we head up to Ellijay and pick apples, go on a tractor ride, eat apple pies and drink cider. I love it.

9) Fall break! I truly love the break from the routine as the seasons start to change or are supposed to be changing.

8) The changing out of clothes. Each year as I drag out our winter clothes it feels like having had a major shopping splurge without spending a penny.

7) Thanksgiving with the whole family. This was a pilgrimage to Arkansas for most of my life, but we moved it to the N. Ga mountains last year and that was really cool too.

6) Camping out and all that entails. I so love the idea of sleeping under the stars and roasting s'mores as the air cooks down.

5) The approach of Halloween. I just have a special place in my heart for this holiday and all the traditions with it...roasting pumpkin seeds, carving Jack o lanterns and taking the girls trick or treating.

4) The Ga National fair! This is no small little fair and impresses me a bit more each year.

3) Comfort foods! Making soups, putting up vegetables for the winter, making apple sauce, and all this moments of prepartion.

2) Soccer- I'm just not a fan of American football, but give me soccer any day of the week. I love watching it no matter what level it is and who is playing but most especially watching my daughter play.

1) The family time! The fall doesn't seem to slow down our schedule, but inevitably brings so many activities that we do together and I just relish the quantity and quality of that time

Alright y'all... I'm off to finish packing.

Boop boop de doop.

G'night!

No comments: