Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring Break day one!


Yesterday was the first "official" week day of Spring break, although I have to admit I've been celebrating Spring break since last Wednesday. Nonetheless I've decided this week is going to be all that Spring break can be!
So let me tell you about my first "official" day of Spring break... As you all know from my previous post, I've come up with a gi-normous list of things that I'd like to do over this break. And yesterday I began on a few.
I woke up exceptionally early. Of course I'd been waking up every hour last night because I was out of narcotic pain medicine and my back and leg were killing me. I was determined to keep on sleeping though, well...at least until my dear husband got up.

Then it hit me...perhaps I could make breakfast for him before he left for work. So in my limping form and fashion I began to try this endeavor. Unfortunately I only made it about half way through the preparations before he headed off to work. Better luck next time, I suppose. However, Rachel and I both had a nice breakfast together.
After breakfast, I began thinking through my gi-normous list and decided a nice long bubble bath was the perfect way to begin the day...so I had one, complete with my newly purchased honeysuckle bath and body works products. Once I'd finish bathing and dressing and getting ready to head out onto the town...I did so with zeal. First stop, the bank! Rachel of course having primped and primed herself as well, decided she'd accompany me. We had a nice visit with the banking people and left with money deposited, money to spend and with doggie treats!


After dropping Rach off back at home, I decided my next destination would be Wally World. After all, what's a full day here in the South with at least once visit to this store? So I gathered frivious items there, which were mainly various ways to spoil Rachel and Abby.
Since the Dollar Tree was next door to Wally World...it of course was the next stop. These capitalistic adventures were soon followed by my bi-monthly visit to Merle Norman. I like to think of this Merle Norman and the one stop shopping location. Not only can you update your make-up here, but you can get your hair cut and your brows waxed...all at the same time! Thirty minutes later...I exited this store looking much more refined and proper since my brows were no longer taking over my face. My hair was rid of split ends and I had purchased a new blush to brighten my cheeks.
Still having a lot of sunlight to burn, I decided to make one last business venture for the day and ran by the Pet Barn. Here I procured several new toys for Rachel. She's reverted to playing with her toys much more now that Shayne has gone on to the other world. So I knew she needed some new ones to enjoy. This was particularly true because when Shayne first with us, one of their favorite games to play together was destuff the toys...so many of Rachel's toys became casualities of this game. Thankfully, the game had stopped by the time Shayne left us, but nonetheless Rachel was still in want of toys and treats.
However, when I left the store, she was in want no more. I'd gotten her a little pink pig that really oinks, an elephant that blows and a pastel horsey that neighs (yes, very much like the horsey she destroyed on her Carrabel trip). So she had a blast yesterday afternoon playing with all of her new friends.

After all of these adventures we both decided it was nap time...and so Rachel, Abby and I all curled up for a nap. It went well...and when we awakened we decided it was time for a daily stroll in the park.
Thankfully, when we returned and had begun fixing a nice supper for Josh, the people from Resurgen's called. They let me know they were calling in refills for my prescriptions! Whew! What a relief. That assured me I'd not be going through another long painful night...and I didn't.

Josh even was in a jovial spring break mood when he arrived home. He told me over supper that he'd really like for us to play games last night rather than watching television. What is this the twilight zone? (The board game: Life)

Seriously though, I think we both were looking forward to playing games...and it's definitely more interactive than sitting in front of the idiot box. And we had a nice talk about how much we both still missing and grieving Shayne. He was just such a ray of light into our world. He was always happy and excited and so giving and loving. We spent a long time last night talking about all the things he'd do with us or spend time watching us do, and we both really miss that. Fortunately Rachel is doing okay with her grief too...she's seemed a bit perkier in the last few days and we're trying to give her as much love and care as we can to help her move properly through this difficult time too.

So what adventures does today hold? Well, assuming that the sunflower my ag students gave me doesn't shine in the face of the clock and make it's hands go whizzing around backward, I shall tell you all about it next time

No comments: