Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring break day 3!



Wednesday became the official, do NOTHING spring break day! It actually didn't start out that way. After all there is plenty that I could be doing...getting a pedicure, run by the Arts Center to work on church matters, work on redoing old forms for the IRS that lost the original ones,(long story)...contact the photographer from the wedding to finally get the pictures from our wedding in an album, work on our scrapbook, harass the medical people into finally scheduling my MRI, clean the house, switch out my winter and spring clothes etc...

But I opted to do none of the above. Well....I didn't do much of the above. I did get my MRI scheduled for my back. Yay! Thankfully it will be occurring before my next doctor's appointment April 11th!. So...the MRI is scheduled for the 9th! I had hoped it would occur this week during my spring break, butc'est la vie.

And I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed the do nothing day. Actually Rachel and Abby celebrated it with me too. They both took naps and watched TV with me. We vegged out, and watched Gilmore girls all day long. I'd purchased the complete first season over the weekend and became so enthralled that before I knew it, it was afternoon and nothing had been done.

And you know...this is the first "do nothing day" that I've had in a LONG time. It felt good. After all, there's nothing like vegging all day when you truly have no other obligations. The best, part...no guilt.

Then when my dear husband got home, I fixed a quick supper of burritos, and taco rice and we vegged some more. What a relaxing day. I honestly have to say I've not had a day like it since I was a teenager. You know what I mean? Back then it was nothing to hang out in PJs all day...to sleep past noon and do nothing.

Of course I didn't do the whole PJ thing. I got dressed, made the bed and kept the living room and kitchen clean...but nonetheless it was fun to regress for just a day.

And you know...perhaps I'll plan on scheduling a "do nothing day" again sometime in the future...maybe when summer break occurs I'll do it again.
Ahh...the benefits of being a teacher. But now onto Spring Break day four....we're officially halfway through, but as much as I long for summer now...I'm looking for to many fun and exciting adventures. And I promise to share these with you as the Spring Break '08 continues.

No comments: