Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring Break day 4!


Thursday was a bit more productive as far as spring break productive than hanging out and doing nothing. Well, actually, I did begin start the day off by watching Gilmore girls again.

But nonetheless Thursday was a good day. I went out and got a pedicure. It was fun and I also discovered that they are doing paraffin waxing with a pedicure. So not only are my toes now pretty, but my feet are soft and refreshed too.

Unfortunately shortly after leaving the salon I made the mistake of thinking that my toes were dry and visited the tanning salon for 1/2 the normal time. Since apparently they were not dry, I ended up spending an hour or so myself fixing them later.

Then I finished filling out the paperwork for my passport, getting my picture taken for the new version of my passport, and visited the post office. They instructed me on the proper protocols for sending off all the paperwork and such, including our marriage certificate, so that I can get my name changed on the passport. Thankfully, it's not going to cost a cent since I've renewed my passport within the last year. Regardless, it's terribly exciting knowing that we are really going to France!!!!! It's going to be awesome.I also began daydreaming about anniversary presents for my dear husband. It's hard to believe that we've already been married for over seven months. I think I've figured out what I want to give him. Now I just have to figure out how to make it happen. But as a result, I've also realized that I need to start tanning again and I truly would like to start working out...but alas my back won't cooperate with that...but walking...maybe with pain medicine I can begin doing the speed walking and still loose some weight before hand. Five months should be enough time to get ready to give an anniversary present right?

After daydreaming about anniversary gifts, Rachel and I began working on choosing the eight by ten photos for our wedding album. No, we don't have it yet, but it's not the photographers fault. I've been dragging my feet getting her everything she needs. But now, at least things are moving on that again. I just know both Josh and I will be thrilled when we finally have this album in hand.

Speaking of having things in hand, the condition of our house is finally becoming manageable again. Josh cleaned most of the house before the week began, but he left my office, the living room and the dining room for me to clean sometime this week. So Rachel and I conquered the living and dining room last night. I was surprised how quickly and simply my portion of the cleaning passed. And oddly enough I actually even enjoyed it.

And not only did we conquer cleaning the house yesterday, but we also managed to have supper ready to go on the table when Josh got home from work last night. I'm sorely searching my brain for meals that are more suitable for hot weather. Any ideas that you may have are more than welcome.

Also as I'm sure you've noticed I've finished the majority of items on tap for spring break. WOW! When I think back to how momentous that list was and how unlikely it seemed that I'd make it through even half of the list and now recognizing that it's almost complete, it seems surreal. I guess that's what happens when we break a huge list down into small pieces.

And I have to admit, even though I still have three days of spring break left (counting today), this has been one of the most peaceful and enjoyable breaks that I've had in a long time.

Please don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want it to last for ever, nor am I wishing it away. I am wishing for summer break, but not for spring break to continue indefinitely. Nonetheless, I'm enjoying the break for the time that it lasts.

Now, as for today, onward and upward. There are still many things on my list to conquer. Clothes need to be changed out for the summer. A garden needs to be planted.. My office is still crying out to be given a good and thorough cleaning. Plus, outings with my husband are on the horizon.

So tune in tomorrow, for further updates for spring break 08, for I can hardly wait to tell you all about day five of this exciting adventure.

No comments: