Monday, April 21, 2008

Reba Concert and High Tea!


A few weeks ago I began noticing signs around town, and advertisements on the radio that Reba was going to be playing at Wild Adventures (an amusement park). And honestly, even though I truly, really wanted to go, I didn't think we could financially swing it. After all, we're planning a trip to France and I have medical bills out the waaazooo lately. So when my wonderful husband mentioned the Reba concert, I jumped at the opportunity hoping against hope that there would be some way that we would be able to go to the concert.

And you know what? We did! Not only did we manage to come up with enough money to go to see Reba, but we even splurged for season passes. Honestly these passes made the most sense because they will allow us to any concert at Wild Adventures for free. And we can take Annie, Gabe and Danny there this summer without much cost. Best of all in addition to the season passes, we get free parking, two free one day passes for visitors and discounts on reserved seats to special events if we decide to use the parks chairs rather than our own lawn chairs.

I have to admit, on Saturday I really began to doubt that we'd made a good decision as we stood in the line to get the season passes. My legs hurt, my back ached and I just wanted to go home. Then when we got to the location for the concert almost all of the lawn chair spaces were already taken. We had to walk across the entire area to the far side of the amphitheater. However, when the concert began I decided it all had been worth it. The location for our lawn chairs ended up being perfect. We could see the LED screen extremely well. Josh even got close enough to get some good pictures of Reba and the music was wonderful. I do believe this was my favorite concert ever! And I have to admit I knew almost every song that sang by heart. Of course one of the highlights of the concert was the encore "Fancy." Wow!

(Our pictures of the concert will be posted soon!!)

The other amazing part about the concert was listening to Josh talk in awe about all of the intelligent lights and other technical sound and lighting information.

In fact, we have already begun to make plans to go to another concert sometime soon. Oh, but before I let adventure to the Reba concert totally consume this post, let me also tell you about my outing with Kristen to have high Tea.

It was wonderful! Kristen and I drove to the White Rose about 2pm and amazingly were the only customers there. However the tea spectacular. We chose to have the morning glory tea. They also gave us finger sandwiches (ham and brie, chicken salad, pimento cheese and cucumber with a cream cheese and chive sauce) stacked three plates high, along with scones with cream to dip them in. And in the middle of each plate were strawberries and grapes. Finally on the bottom plate were mini eclairs and cream puffs. We had a blast and left feeling as if we'd just eaten another meal. Needless to say that will not be the last time that I have high tea. I just hope that other people around our town partake in this spectacular event. The restaurant definitely serves delicious enough food and desserts that I am confident they will easily stay in business. At least I hope they will.

Speaking of hopes, I'd be remiss if I did not close this email by talking about the best news I've received in months. And although it didn't happen this weekend, it's still quite worthy of being discussed before I head for bed this evening. As we were finishing supper tonight my dear husband told me that he had news. He continued on to tell me that his news is not a secret. So let me share. After going to church with me fairly steadily for a few months now (rather than the two of us going to separate churches which we did for many months), he's decided that he'd like to be Confirmed! I'm so excited I can hardly wait. I just know that my family will make the trip down for this joyous occasion. I'm not sure yet when the Bishop will be visiting, but I do know that his visit will be greatly anticipated around our home.

So with that spirit of anticipation let me wish all of you a good evening and a restful sleep. And I look forward to telling you all about our new adventures such as the Italian celebration that we will be attending at the Arts Center this Friday, after all it's the "Wee Bit (of our town)"

No comments: