Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Weekend Delights!


As I mentioned yesterday, I love this time of year. I like to think of springtime as an awakening period not only for the animals that physically hibernate, but also for those who cut back on extra social and overtly physical activities during the darker months of the year.
Now spring has sprung! Yes, we still have cold nights and several more chilly days to blunder through, but the worst is over. Flowers are blooming! Birds are singing! Spring sports are scurrying ahead full throttle. Even entertainment social activities are awakening and gushing forth into our lives with renewed fervor.
So as I find myself wrapped up in all this enthusiasm and invigoration my hopes and plans for the spring and summer continue to grow. And many of these desires are coming to life. My wonderful husband, niece and I will be going to France before the summer is over. My garden is planted and growing. The herbs that we're raising from seed in are sprouting. We have flowers in our first flower bed. Plans are being made to put on the house's siding. I've found the perfect place in our yard to hang a hammock. We've priced outdoor rooms with mosquito nets attached so that more of our summer entertaining can occur outdoors. And as I'm sure you can tell things are just falling into place.

Speaking of falling into place, this weekend my dear husband and I will be going to a major Country Artist's concert. I can hardly wait! The excitement that I have over seeing Reba is bursting at the seams. I truly didn't expect that we'd be able to go! But when I asked, my husband said, YES!! So we're going. And the season passes that we are purchasing for the park where the concert will be invaluable. We'll be able to go to many other concerts for free. When my niece and nephews visit we can take them to an amusement park for little to no cost. And yes, we will be able to take them whenever their hearts' desire and as many times as they desire too.
But on top of all of these exciting activities I've also discovered that the Art's Center is hosting " A wee bit of insert town name" next weekend and that the majority of the restaurants in town will be catering it. So I'm definitely hoping that we'll be making plans to attend this too!

Then there are the Broadway shows (I'm planning to buy season tickets for us) And my list of rapidly approaching exciting events is endless. In case you can't tell, I love this time of year. And honestly, y'all, crippled/crooked (b/c one hip is so much higher than the other) or not.. Struggling with whatever obstacles life seems to through our way (Josh's and mine) my spirit is rising. And I hope that you are able to enjoy the annual end of winter hibernations too. And as you do, pause just for a moment to absorb the beauty of this season. After all, Spring has sprung again!

No comments: