Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Break 08!

It's finally Spring Break, that wonderful time of year when thousands of people head off to beaches or other exotic locations to party and enjoy the time off from school/work. And although I have no plans travel away to any or exotic destination, I am still extremely excited that Spring Break has finally arrived.

I’m so looking forward to sleeping late in the morning. I can hardly wait to work on my scrapbook. I’ve already begun to set up a list in my head of ways to pamper myself and do extra little things with my husband.

In fact, I've already begun some spring break activities. Just yesterday, I returned home from a trip to see Beth Moore. One of my good friends invited me to go to this conference and I accepted. We had so much fun! The drive to Jacksonville, FL wasn't all that long and I truly enjoyed the female bonding and quality time that we got to spend together. And of course, Beth Moore was a good speaker and had some theological thoughts. Her jokes and stories weren’t half bad either. But, I have to admit my favorite part was the quality time that we had as friends to just visit. And I’m eternally grateful to my husband for encouraging me to go on this trip. I needed it.

Speaking of other things I need though. I think I need this spring break for another reason too. Unfortunately, I've re-herniated my L4-L5 disc in my lower back. So having a break right now means I'll get more time to relax and rest as well as take care of any necessary medical appointments. And I have to admit, I can hardly wait to get all of the problems with my back solved (hopefully for good). Honestly, it's phenomenally frustrating to be dealing with lower back pain yet again! Going through back surgery and having to deal with a ruptured disc once was more than enough for me. However, my back apparently disagrees.

Thankfully, I do have pain medicines and muscle relaxants to help me manage the pain and I have discovered some excellent resources to deal with this situation. I have such a phenomenal support system and I thank God for them every day.

But even with all of the support that I have one of the most frustrating parts about this recurrent rupture is that it puts all of my plans on hold. I can't or rather "shouldn't" get pregnant with a ruptured disc. I can't do much exercise and get myself in shape for the summer. And ladies we all know this is the time of the year that we are all thinking about swimsuits and such. I can't even manage a long car trip without paying the consequences (more back pain) later in the day.

But regardless of these problems, I am determined to have a good Spring Break. And so I’ve been coming up with a list of some of the other things I’d like to do over this break. I know I want to get my hair cut, and get a pedicure. I definitely want to plan a couple romantic evenings with my wonderful husband. Perhaps, I'll to create a "themed" night for one of these romantic evenings where we eat certain types of food and then watch movies or do activities that fit into this theme. Even better, I may plan a progressive dinner for us at various restaurants. Honestly, I've not decided, but I am looking forward to having the time to plan our romantic escapades for us.

Then in my alone time during this break, I may go to the movies, or work on some other project around here…planting flowers or starting our garden...Who knows...

Then assuming that my husband is free enough and my Momma and niece are up for it, Josh and I may head up to Calhoun next week and try to celebrate this break together…

But regardless of what else happens over the break, I know I'll find some time to hang out with Rachel and read good books. And I know that all sounds like a lot to pile into a short week, but the dreams are nice nonetheless.
Finally, let me say once again, thank goodness it’s spring break! And I also want to wish all of you that are fortunate enough to have a break during this time of year a fabulous and safe, adventure! Enjoy it! I certainly know I will.

No comments: