Monday, March 17, 2008

Date Night #2 and other weekend outings!

This last Friday night was our second date night. I was in charge, this time, and decided to do a little something different. (We are alternating weeks being in charge of date night) Josh had offered to pull out the games so that we could play Scrabble, Yahtzee, Trivial Pursuit and such again, and I have to admit that was tempting, but I wanted to do something different...so I declined and began planning a Treasure hunt.

This idea had been floating around in my mind since Wednesday, but was Friday afternoon before I really began to come up with some good clues. Thankfully I came across a website that helps out with treasure hunt clue making and used it. Armed with this help, I came up with more than twenty clues to place inside the house, inside the yard and around the neighborhood.

However, I was later getting home than I'd planned on being, because I'd visited with the chiropractor. (My back has been giving me fits again). And as I was driving home I discovered that my dear husband was also on his way home. Thankfully, his drive if further than mine so I still had some time to print out the clues and frantically hide them in the proper locations!

Amazingly, I had hidden all but two of the clues when Josh arrived home. One of remaining clues had to be hidden down the road so I hid that after we got back from our daily park ritual. The other belonged on the tire of a car so it had to wait until after our park trip too.

So after going on our daily park adventure, I finished hiding the clues while Josh was inside and then we began the evening’s festivities. The first clue: "Spring into action! Just go with the flow, you'll need me to reap what you sow" led Josh to the garden hose and as he followed one clue to the next my joy grew. Some the clues were really hard such as "Tiny Perm" which led us to the Microwave. Other clues were easier: "You spin me right round baby, right round" led us to the washing machine.

But we had a blast...finally, when Josh discovered the last clue and had found his way to the treasure he found out that we were going out for dinner and dessert, and it was my treat. We had SO much fun doing that too.

We went to Old Mexico. Not only did we order dessert, but we had drinks and just sat and visited. It was great! We ended up seeing lots of people we knew. Some came by to chat, others waved as they passed on their seats and still others didn't notice us. But it was so nice to be out on the town on a Friday night. We so rarely do that.

Saturday morning was just as nice. Josh didn't have to get up and rush off to work anywhere. But we both had to get up to go work at St. Margaret's. The church was having a work day to get things cleaned up and extra polished for Easter. It was fun. Josh worked on the outside. I helped out on the inside and supervised everywhere and before we knew it two hours had passed. It's amazing how that can happen isn't it? Not all the work was done though and so Josh and I went back later and finished a few small things up there later that afternoon, but it was SO nice having my husband there with me at church working to make it even nicer.

Of course, Josh did have some work to do on Saturday and luckily he decided to take me with him. He was installing a new sound board at the First Presbyterian Church. I had so much fun watching him work and listening to him interact with people. Plus, I got to meet some new people in our community.

But that's not all....we had standing plans for Saturday night. We had agreed to go out to the Kern's for supper. It was wonderful. I honestly feel so at home in their house. Robin cooked and the meal was fabulous as always. Then we all just sat around and chatted. Eventually the boys and men got drawn into playing video game, but Robin and I had fun just talking. I can hardly wait for the trip that I'll be taking with her later in this month to see Beth Moore.

Oh but our weekend was far from over still. Sunday, Josh went to church with me. YES! It's so nice worshipping with him by my side. We both participated in presenting the Passion story by Matthew for Palm Sunday. Josh was Peter and I was the one of the high priests. It was fun...but I did wonder if Josh was going to try to be the rooster too. And you know, if he had that would have been okay too.

We followed all of this excitement from a wonderful weekend by having a relaxing, nap filled, Sunday afternoon. And got our minds and bodies ready for another busy evening. Sunday night we took Josh's Daddy out to celebrate his birthday a day early. He wanted to go to Longhorn, so we did. It was so much fun! We are blessed to have his parents living so close by. Josh commented on the way home how happy he was that we are doing more with them lately, and I have to say I agree. After all, family is important!!!


I don't know what all this week holds...except that I do know it will have another exciting date night in it. I can hardly wait. I don't know what Josh will plan, but I know he's already working on it because he asked me last night if doing the River dance was out. He was teasing me about my bad back and of course, any jumpy motions are out for now...

One last night before I close. Please say prayers for our yellow lab, Shayne. He's been sick all weekend and is currently spending another night at the vet's office. They trying to help us figure out why he's no longer eating and can't hold down water. So he definitely needs prayers and to fully recover before we head to Calhoun for our last ever, amazing Easter Brunch.

And assuming the Easter Bunny doesn't loose his way, I'll tell you all about new adventures and third date night, in my next post.

No comments: