Thursday, October 1, 2009

Private Viewing and Synchronicity


Tonight Ella Rose and I went to a private viewing of Lion in Winter at the Arts Center. My husband is playing Jeffrey in the upcoming show, and since Ella and I are going to be out of town for the actual production, my husband got permission for us to attend the dress rehearsal. The show is amazing and I highly recommend it to everyone!

Talk about cool! Not only could Ella nurse while we watched, but I felt like some sort of celebrity since everyone was performing for just us! Or so it was fun to pretend.

Anyway, as I was watching the performance I had the strangest sense of sychronicity. Just this week I've begun teaching the Canterbury Tales to my AP Literature class and one of my AP Lit students has been asking questions about the 100 years war as well as about who killed St. Thomas A Becket. Therefore, when I realized tonight that Lion in Winter is set during the 1100s (the same time period that Thomas A Becket is killed) I was shocked. And in addition to that, one of the main characters King Henry II is the King that made a comment that ended up causing the death of Thomas A Becket.

Needless to say, I'm fully convinced that sychronicity is well and working in my life right now. I look forward to sharing much more about the production and my Canterbury Tales adventures tomorrow, but for now. Let me say goodnight. It's late! And honestly, I'd probably have postponed this post if it weren't for NaWriBloMo. :)


But I couldn't bring myself abandon posting on the first day of the "Post every day in October" event. So here I am. Talk to you all tomorrow! My nightowl daughter has just re-awakened so I'm off to try to get her back to sleep. Good night all!

Betty

No comments: