Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Good news on Tuesday


Today has been a nice, but much more relaxed day than yesterday. Ella and I had so much fun yesterday, but the day was packed and I fell asleep before managing to post on here. Oops again. Let me give you a brief rundown from yesterday. I got up about six am with my parents, nieces and nephews. We all had breakfast and the day began. They all headed off to their respective schools while Ella Rose was still asleep...but not for long. By 9 am Ella Rose and I were out the door and heading into a fun, but completely packed Monday.

Our first stop was the First Methodist Preschool, where we picked up my youngest nephew and transported him to the Pumpkin Patch farm for his school field trip. It was SO much fun! And I got about 120 or so wonderful pictures of Danny, Ellen, and Ella. We had a blast y'all. They had games for the children, a petting zoo, a hayride, and pumpkins galore! It was amazing.

After we finished there, we hurriedly returned Danny to daycare, and headed off for our next adventure: lunch with Annie. Momma met me in the parking lot of the daycare/preschool (they are on bothsides of the same parking lot) and we rushed off to the Elementary school. Lunch was nice. Momma and I split a fruit salad and a regular salad and Ella munched on raisin bits (that I tore up for her). After a nice leisurely lunch, where I chatted with some of the schools administrators (all of whom I amazingly knew)...the rushing continued.

I made a quick phone call to Ella's godmother to let her know we were running behind and we hurried home, to visit. We had a nice leisurely visit with Jenni and Owen. Owen even brought Ella a Jesus loves me book that plays music! Wow!! So after we'd visited for a while Jenni told me that she'd watch Ella while I packed the car to head home. How nice!!!!!

It took about half the time that it normally would to get everything loaded! Wow! And Ella, Owen and Jenni had time to bond. Owen is exactly 3 years older than Ella (to the day). Cool, huh? Anyway....once we got loaded up, we headed for home, but the adventures were not over.


Ella Rose snoozed while I drove briskly toward Perry. When we finally got there (and that seemed to take forever)...Ella Rose got to meet Sophia Bella Maddux. I just know the girls are going to be fast friends. Sophia's Momma is pushing me to do debate again and has offered to help me. I'm seriously considering it.

We had a full filled play date and then it was time to head home. Ella traveled very well, and complained only when she was hungry. When we got home, Josh had pizza waiting for us. And so I ate pizza and Ella drank mommy's milk...and then we crashed on the couch.

So needless to say today has been a bit less exciting in the number of events occuring, but not less exciting in the news. Ella had a Doctor's appt today for shots. We are following an alternate schedule for those and we found out today that she won't have to go back for shots again until she's 9 months old! WOOOO HOOO!!! Ella and I both were quite excited about that...and then not until 12 months. We are on the downhill slide of the alternative vaccine schedule, and I'm so glad that we decided to follow it.

But the news gets even better. My OB's office is just around the corner from Ella's pediatrician's so as we were returning from her Dr's office I noticed there was a sign out from of my OB's office. He was in a tragic accident this summer and has suffered some brain injuries from it. Josh and I have had many conversations about what we are going to do, b/c I've been scared to have more children if my OB isn't able to deliver them. I had a really hard and scary delivery with Ella Rose and wouldn't be alive today if it weren't for my OB. So I stopped in today to ask about him. Not only did he turn 50 today, but I got the good news that his recovery is going well and they are anticipating that he'll resume his practice in January! YES!!! Now we can plan on more babies y'all...not that we were going to completely give up the idea if he didn't recover, but sometimes I felt like I'd like to. So now I know....another little Briones is in our future. When? I don't know...but definitely will be arriving one day. So today has been calmer, but definitely just as exciting as yesterday. And I'm glad. Fall Break is awesome and Happy Birthday Dr. A.

Betty

No comments: