Friday, February 1, 2008

Doggie Bankers

What an interesting week it has been. I’ve gone back to work/school as of Tuesday and am steadily feeling more into the normal beat of life. I experienced a very, very powerful healing service last night at my church that I’ll tell you about another day (today is my dogs' day).

But I do believe that one of the most exciting moments occurred for Rachel, Shayne, and me as we headed out to the bank.


Well, let me back up. After school on Fridays, a friend and I often sit and visit...which we did. So I was rather late leaving work this afternoon. Once I did leave and had managed to plant myself in my car ,I decided to check my voice mail on my cell phone only to discover my wonderful husband had left two checks in my car to be deposited in the bank. Before 6 PM!!!! Our bank is closed on Saturdays. :(

He'd then called and informed me so that I would notice them....which I promptly did, right AFTER I heard his message.

So it was off to the races for me. I had a lot to accomplish and not much time. I needed to check in with my husband to let him know I'd discovered the checks. I wanted to call my Momma and check on the flowers I'd sent to a very special person today, who needed a pick-me-up.

I looked at my gas-o-meter and realized that I had to get gas before heading to the bank. I thought about the deposits and realized I had to run home first and get my old checkbook so that I could deposit my pay check into our joint account as well AND I needed to call back some friends about our dinner plans for tomorrow night. Finally, I still had my date at the park scheduled with my puppies. Whew!

So heading into my hectic afternoon, I rushed on home from school and began the mad dash. Upon arriving home, I decided for time's sake I would simply load the puppies into the car. They would visit the bank with me, and then we'd head for the park.

Little did I know...that I would have doggie bankers in the car with me!! When we reached the drive through window the nice lady inside inquired about the dogs. She began to gush over the wonderfulness of dogs. I agreed whole heartedly and then she asked, "Can I give them treats??"

What?!?!? At first, honestly I expected candy suckers to be enclosed in my deposit envelope for the puppies, but what the heck? So I agreed. Little did I know that our bank stocks doggie treats!!!!!

The teller,then began to tell me that they are no longer allowed to pass out candy to children, but they can give dogs treats if their "Mom's and Dad's" let the bank do so. WOW! And sure enough when the bank deposit confirmation slip came through the tube, inside the envelope were two doggie treats!


Needless to say both Rachel and Shayne have decided that they want to be bankers when they grow up! And who could blame them? Doggie treats at your disposal all day long!!!!



However, it wasn't terribly difficult to tear them away from the bank so that we could go on to the park, but they did inform me that they want to go on ALL the bank outings from here on out. And of course, they will.

So the next time you visit your bank, you just may want to see if your own dog would like to make a deposit. Because, you never know, there just may be doggie bankers in your town too.


No comments: