Friday, January 25, 2008

Thank you!

We just want to thank all of our family and friends for the kindnesses that they've shown us this last week. I don't know how we could have made it through this week without your support. We've received so many loving phone calls, visits, notes and flowers. And I hope that everyone knows how much we appreciate them.

This last week has been one of the hardest of our lives and I have no doubt that the next few months will continue to be difficult, but likewise I'm sure Josh and I will make it through together. And we both have no doubt that our little angels are in heaven with their older cousins, Tara, Deric (my nephew and godchild) as well as my other unnamed God child. We also know that Granddaddy, Grandmomma Betty Ann, MamMaw, and PapPaw are looking out for our two little ones already celebrating in God's glory with all of them. As are Pumpkin, Mattie, Calico, Baby, Thorndyke, and Mendelson, Betsy, Camille and all of our beloved animals there in heaven. After all what would heave be like without our four legged family members present.

As for those of us carrying on down here...every day is making things a bit easier, although we are a long way from being normal again. I'm fairly certain normal will never be what it was before, but we will get to a new normal and I'm sure that it will be a good normal. We are going to go to the healing service at my church on the 31st of January and just yesterday a friend gave us information on centering prayer. I for one know that I plan to spend part of my day perusing it. I may not know much about centering prayer, but it intrigues me and it may help us to continue to heal which is important.

I also find myself dreaming of travel plans and upcoming trips. I'm going to spend at least a week with my great-Aunt this summer. It will be good for both of us. I want to record her stories and be able to write them down so that our family can continue to share them for generations to come.

You know, Josh and I have received kindness from some of the most unexpected places, including from my Department chair who took the time to call and reassure me. She had been through a similar situation twice, just as we are, and now has two lovely daughters. I'm sure if God is willing we will be in the same place that she and her husband are some day. If not...then I'm sure we'll grow into whatever plans God has for us as well.

In the meantime, I've found a mosaic class that I'd really like to take here at the County Arts center. I've been elected Senior Warden and have so much to do with that including taking a trip to Savannah this next month. I also know that I have plans to go see Beth Moore with a good friend in March. Momma and Annie and I have our annual Spring Break trip planned in early April. And of course I have my AP workshop week in Athens this summer. :) So travel plans are abundant and there's no shortage of activities to keep me busy.

Josh always has a busy spring, and spring has sprung early here. He's currently spending plenty of time getting ready for the Spring Musical with the local high school. He does the lights and sound for it as well as the stage design. WOW! Recital season will be coming up soon for all those ballet and tap and jazz students and Josh definitely enjoys setting up for and doing the lights and sound for those as well. So we will have a busy few months and I believe that's good, all things considered.

And to be honest as of this morning, I've begun toying with the idea of using the money we'd planned to set aside for August for the maternity leave to save instead for a trip to France with Annie this summer. I just know that Annie, Josh and I would enjoy it and we will still have plenty of time to save for maternity leave. :)

God will guide us with the help our of our friends and family. And in the meantime Josh and I continue to thank you all for your prayers and support.

Much love from our home to yours,
Betty, Josh, Abby, Rachel, & Shayne

2 comments:

Ally said...

Betty,

I've been behind on reading your blog; I am sorry to read about Josh and your loss but am so encouraged by your trust in God's plan and how you're seeking Him during this difficult time, looking forward to whatever plans He might have in store for you. It's so wonderful to have a Father we can trust, and it warms my heart to know that you're feeling His comfort and love during this time.

Love,
Allison

Betty Briones said...

Allison,

Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers. Things here continue to be a challenge, but we do know that God is in control, even when the happenings around us sometimes seem incomprehensible. I'm sure whatever God has in store for us will be exactly what we need. Although some days it is easier to realize this than others, but I'm sure that's true for everyone.

This experience has honestly changed my life, and I'm not sure I'll be exactly who I was before i lost this child, but at least I know that my little angel is in good company.

And I have to admit I love reading your blog so much! It's what truly inspired me to create my own! I'm also loving reading about your discoveries and your growing relationship with God. I look forward to reading much more.

Love,
Betty