Thursday, January 3, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle!


I hope that everyone had a wonderful New Year's celebration. I know that my dear husband and I did. :) I think we had more fun on New Year's Day than we did on New Year's Eve since I didn't manage to stay awake until midnight. But I did set my alarm so that I'd awaken at a quarter till midnight and we could celebrate the new year with some grape juice masquerading as champagne.

On New Year's day, we had company and had SO much fun. A few family friends came by. I went all out on the cooking and we had all of the southern traditional items, mainly greens and black eyed peas as well some not so traditional stuff such as mac and cheese, potatoes, hamburgers, sirloins, brats, chicken, candied carrots, bread and cornbread, slaw, cheese cake and an Oreo pie. Needless to say no one suffered for lack of food. After dinner the guys sat around the television and played video games, while we ladies visited. It was so much fun and one of the best New Year day's that I've had in a long time. I even talked to everyone about celebrating the 4th of July with us. I think we've decided to do that...even though it's a LONG way away.

OH before I forget! Free meat anyone? Josh's meat stash is currently taking up a lot of room so I thought I'd offer it to interested persons or creatures! ha ha! :)

Well...the jungle lifestyle began after everyone headed out for home. The microwave decided to revolt. Perhaps, it was rebelling against my last blog entry. Ha ha! But for fun, here's what happened: I put a cup of tea into it so that I could sit down, visit with my husband and just relax. Unfortunately, the microwave had other plans. It decided it was time to stop working permanently.
But OH NO! The fun doesn't stop there...then after my dear husband had gone to bed and I was piddling around the house I heard the water turn on in the kitchen. At first, I thought my husband was simply getting up to get something to drink...but the water kept on running and kept on running. So I decided to go into the kitchen to check it out.

I shudder to think about the sight we'd have awakened to had I not been up or decided to check it out. We'd have needed a row boat! There was water spraying ACROSS the kitchen. A hose to the dishwasher had decided it was going to go on strike, as well. Thankfully, my dear husband is especially handy and had no problem eliminating our new found waterfall.

Those activities combined with a conversation that I had with C last night...made her question whether or not I was standing the jungle. Okay, perhaps her question stemmed more from Shayne's playing with his monkey (it screeches when you squeeze it and he was squeezing it repeatedly while I was on the phone)...but nonetheless. I do feel like some days that it's a Jungle in here!

2 comments:

momma said...

Hopefully, the jungle has been tamed a bit! Happy New year once again. I just know it willbe a great one. You are just getting all those uncomfortable things out of the way early! Love, Momma

Betty Briones said...

Yes, the jungle is calming down tremendously!! Thank you for inquiring. It's been a great year so far and I'm sure that it will only get better as the year continues. I love you!

Betty