Sunday, January 13, 2008

Houston, we have a heart beat!


What an exciting week this has been! My dear husband and I went for our first OB appointment. During this appointment the midwife did and ultrasound and we saw our baby for the very first time. Talk about a miracle!

Our little one is measuring on the smaller side of the normal range and we are quite pleased with that. She/he also has quite a strong heart. Not only did we hear it, but we could see the sound waves flickering as we watched her/his heart beat.

I never in a million years imagined we'd experience something so amazing. Hopefully, sometime soon I will post our little one's first photo and you can enjoy this experience with us too.

The second set of photos will be occurring when I'm about 20 weeks pregnant, so we have around 11 more weeks to wait until we discover whether or not our new family member is a boy or a girl. :) Considering the nursery is currently my office and is painted pink, it's vital that we know otherwise I suppose the nursery will become yellow or green, and it may anyway.

My dear family has donated a baby scale, lots of books and a sack full of baby toys to our little one. I can hardly wait to start setting things up for him/her...but for now they still stay in the guestroom. I think one of the coolest parts about these books and toys is that a lot of the books were mine as a child. I am ecstatic about sharing these exact books with our new miracle. Who would have thought that would be possible one day.

Obviously, there's no doubt our child will love to read! :) With parents like us, how could she/he not?

(I'm sitting in my room reading when I'm about three years old).

The other major bits of news are that I recently attended my first Advanced Placement (AP) workshop and had a blast. I begin my online class for teaching gifted students tomorrow. I can hardly wait.

Finally, I returned yesterday from Lincolnton. This was one of the two debate tournaments that I'd attended this year. I'm so happy that I did. I do believe this particular tournament is almost like a homecoming tournament for debaters. I saw people that I'd not seen for at least 5 months, if not a year. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, judged some great debates and became enlivened with the political discussions that ensued. In short, I couldn't have had a better trip. Plus, the food was excellent as always. I look forward to attending this tournament next year with our little one in tow.
Despite the busy activities of the last few weeks, I do find myself becoming more tired lately. Naps and I have become well acquainted friends. In fact, I suspect that I will be enjoying one of those this afternoon as well. In fact, I think we all should.
Enjoy your nap!

No comments: