Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentine's day

This Valentine's day was the first Valentine's day that my dear husband and I were able to celebrate together as husband and wife. I do believe it will be one that we will remember for the rest of our lives. Honestly, it was the first Valentine's day that we've celebrated together. Last year my dear husband was busy with work on the spring musical for the local high school. However, I couldn't have been more proud of him if I'd tried. The lights for that particular show were the equivalent of something that you would have seen at the Fox Theater in Atlanta or even on Broadway.

But this year, neither of us had obligations on Valentine's day. The musical at the local high school was completed. And so I decided to try to pamper my dear husband. I fixed beer cheese fondue along with aparagus, green beans and marinated portabellas. For dessert, I fixed chocolate covered strawberries. Finally, Rachel, Shayne, Abby and I had gotten Josh a little something special too. He absolutely loves caramel apples so we found a gourmet one for him for this special day.


Needless to say that my dear husband was pleased. So pleased, in fact, that he decided to open the bottle of champagne that we'd been saving for a special occasion. And he definitely spoiled me too. When I arrived home, there were a dozen white roses waiting for me. Followed by some love songs on a CD that he'd purchased for me. And as if that wasn't enough, he gave me a complete season of Charmed. :)

Honestly, I do believe this was the best Valentine's day ever. And I'm looking so forward to many more Valentine's days like this in our future. After all, I can't imagine a bad one now that my wonderful husband is in my life. He's my best friend and makes me a better person every day that I spend by his side.

Here's to hoping that your Valentine's day was even slightly as wonderful as ours.


No comments: