Friday, October 4, 2013

Setting 12 week goals

My life has been just slightly crazy lately. My home definitely has begun to show the wear and tear from my frantic pace...and many obligations, but let's my honest my home usually begins to show wear and tear even when I have a normal amount of obligations and responsibilities.

However, tonight as I began to ponder this weekend and all that we have planned. And trust me I'm excited about almost everything we have going on this weekend, I also began to think about how long it's been since I've been working out on a regular basis. It's been a while...like maybe 1/2 a year and I think I'm about to get back into the habit. See this last January I joined a group of ladies who had decided to get in shape in the new year and win some money to boot.

We competed again 143 other teams people (4 or 5 people per team) and the weighed in each week.  Our individual percentages counted as did the teams percentage. Honestly, there were weeks it was stressful, but it was also quite fun and motivating. I lost almost 30 lbs in 10 weeks.

To be completely honest, when I began the team lean challenge I had no idea that I weighed as much as I did (as strange as that may sound) or that I could possibly afford to lose almost 30 lbs. But not only could I afford to lose it when I look back at the pictures from before I question how I couldn't have realized how needed the weight loss was just to be a more healthy individual.

Since January I've put back on 5 lbs though and I never quite made it to my goal weight for team lean. I was 8 lbs above where I wanted to be. So I have decided I am going to have to find time in my busy schedule to start again. My deadline will be Thanksgiving and I'm going to get rid of those last 13 lbs.

I think I can...tomorrow starts a new day. And I think doing so not only will make me proud of me, but will help me have more energy to be a better Mom and perhaps more energetic too. I'll be honest, I've felt quite sluggish lately due to all my allergies. So perhaps this will help...at least one can hope.

So wish me luck...because this portion of team lean is beginning again. 12 weeks, 13 pounds...totally totally doable. And when I meet this goal, it will be nice to know that I'm lighter than I've been since I finished high school and probably healthier too.

So here we go!

Boop doop de doop
 

No comments: