Monday, October 3, 2011

Relaxing Monday

We had the nicest day today! I visited with my nephew at his school and the girls and I hung out around the family abode. We visited with my parents, niece, nephews, and let the girls play outside. Ella Rose led my parent's dog around by the collar. She dug in the dirt and bossed our dog around too. She bounced on the trampoline for a while, but I do believe her favorite toy of the day was a little coffee pot that pretends to actually make coffee. You can fill it with water and it goes through the proper motions as if it were making the coffee. She adores this toy...I do believe I need to find one for Santa to deliver this year.
Another one of the highlights of Ella Rose's day was the car shopping cart at Kroger. She had the best time driving it through the store as we picked up milk and eggs.

However, the largest bright spot of Ella Rose's day was visiting with cousin Gabe at his big boy school. She got to eat lunch there with him and he took her around to look at all the murals on the CPS walls! It was so sweet and they had a really good time. He even let her pet the painted dog, cats and birds! He's so sweet to her.

After our visit with Gabe we came back to my parents for some quiet time. Ella ended up playing outside more, and then we decided to surprise the family by going ahead and starting supper. So, I got to use my new crockpot buffet!!!  It was SO much fun and made supper easier for everyone around here. We had candied carrots, corn, and green bean casserole (all prepared in the crock pot). Yay!!

After supper,  we all loaded up in the car and headed out to see my nephew Peyton's football game...he is really good player. And I'll tell you, I'm not one to go to any football game. I don't watch them on tv, don't typically talk about them and really couldn't usually care less whether or not the sport existed, but tonight I saw an amazing play. One of the players on Peyton's team ran almost the entire field to score a touchdown....wow!!! It was during the last few seconds of the game too. Talk about something to see! It was amazing. I was so excited that we were there, and have to admit I even enjoyed watching some of the game.

Tomorrow, the girls and I are headed to the Children's Museum in Atlanta and then home to our little homestead in Moultrie. It's going to be a great day!! And I look forward to telling you all about it tomorrow...

But for now, I've got to run because little Miss Chipmunk (Evie Alice) has awakened and needs her Mommy. So g'night y'all.

No comments: