Sunday, October 2, 2011

Apple picking, birthday celebration, and food poisoning

Hi all-

I simply cannot believe that I missed blogging the first night of the NaBloWriMo. ARGH! I was so excited about it and thought about the blog entry I was going to make yesterday, but when the evening hit and I'd planned to blog I was sick. So I'm going to just pretend that it started tonight.

Yesterday, my family, and lots of our friends loaded up in cars and headed into the mountains to go apple picking. We had a grand time. However, we discovered that you only get to ride on the wagon if you pick in September....hmmm...something to commit to memory for next time.

Ella Rose had a blast picking Apples and so did everyone else. We even got a great picture of Evie Alice trying to grab and apple! The girls napped while we traveled back and forth to Ellijay and Josh and I enjoyed the scenery.

Then last night, we headed to Provinos. That has got to be one of my all time favorite restaurants! It ranks right up there with Scalini's as far as I'm concerned. The entire family descended upon the restaurant together (with the exception of my niece Annie) and we had a joyous and lovely meal. The only problem that we ran into was after the fact. Apparently the Eggplant Parmesan that I ordered with marinara sauce had meat sauce in it, and I awakened in the middle of the night to revisit this fact. But despite this unfortunate occurance, I still absolutely adore Provinos and would go there for my birthday celebration again.

Then today, we visited with some old friends and had cake and ice cream. The kids all bounced on the trampoline, swang on a tire swing and  ran around outside playing. The weather was perfect for it...and I enjoyed our visit so much! I just wish our visiting friends didn't live so far away.

As far as the birthday celebration goes, it was awesome! Ella Rose helped me blow out the candles on my cake. Evie Alice got to try cake for the first time and I got the most wonderful buffet set of crock pots. It's not one crock pot but three crock pots with holders for the spoons, individual temperature adjustments for each pot and absolutely my ideal situation when it comes to using a crock pot type cooking device. I can hardly wait to try it out!! :)

Then tonight, we had a relaxed family supper. Ella Rose helped me put her stuffed dog to sleep and Evie Alice snuggled up and dozed right off and has actually stayed asleep.

Now, before I go...to answer yesterday's question. Why do I blog? I think the best answer to that question would be that I love to write. I express myself so much better through writing than I do any other form of communication and I think that's why, I blog. It's an outlet for me, and one that I adore (when there's time)...and I am looking forward to making time these 30 days!

No comments: