Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!


Hi all-
Well, after a LONG sabatical, I'm back to blogging. I've decided that it only makes sense to pick this back up. Blogging is just one of the many things that I've let fall by the way side that I'm going to try to pick back up.
Honestly during the last year I've let my scrapbooking fall by the wayside. And although I've continued doing the Fly lady stuff it's only been half way. So how do I half way FLY? It's pretty simple. I've continued to do the weekly home blessing and cleaning, but I've not attempted to keep up with the daily 15 minute missions or the weekly deep cleaning. But I know with a little one coming soon, that both of these areas are going to be essential to keeping our home nice and tidy for our little one (especially when she gets large enough to move around on her own.
And in order to upgrade my involvement with Fly Lady, I spent my day updating my charts and organizers today. I'm very excited about them and I just know that slowly but surely everything is being written down and becoming much more functional.

But to get off of Fly Lady for a little bit. Let's talk about my other goals for 2009 (the year of Ella) are to begin Scrapbooking again. If nothing else, I want to make sure that Ella has a nice scrapbook to look back on from the first year(s) of her life. And I want to renew my involvement with Flylady. Finally, I'd like to return to blogging more regularly. I do so love visiting with all of you.
And I'd like to make sure that cloth diapering is a major success for us! I just know Ella and I can make it work. She's already got a really nice stash of diapers: Fuzzi Bunz, Bumgenius, Work-at-home-mom Minky All-in-one cloth diapers, prefolds, liners, inserts, cloth wipes, etc. And I'm determined that cloth diapering is best for her.

Additionally, I'd like to ensure that Ella's experiences with solid food when she gets old enough to eat it are positive, so as of right now my plans are to make her babyfood here at home. :) I still have a lot of research to do on what to introduce first, etc. but I just know that making her food myself will ensure that it's organic and truly good for her.

Beyond these goals, I know I want to work on doing a bit more as a home-maker. I know I'm going to be a stay at home Mom for at least nine weeks once Ella gets here, and possibly for almost five months before I head back to school. The length of time I get to spend with her before heading back to work depends on whether she waits until the second week of March to arrive. :)

Except for all of these goals though, I have no idea what this year will bring. I'm hopeful that it will bring many more joys than sorrows. And how could it not? After all, it's the year of Ella's arrival.

And everything else is up in the air, but as I figure those out, you'll be among the first to know what I decide.

So what are your resolutions for the New Year?

No comments: