Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Blessings of the New Year


Wow! This year is quickly bringing about many activities and changes. It is so hard to believe that in just over six weeks our little girl will be joining us. That's assuming she arrives by her due date. And to be honest, I'm perfectly content with the idea of her arriving a little late. But, regardless of when our little one arrives, this year is already shaping up to be a spectacular one.

How so? Well, I've been fairly faithful about keeping up with my New Year's Resolutions. I've got paper ready to work on Ella's scrapbook. Also I've been doing really well about completing my Fly Lady missions more days than not. Finally, both Josh and I have had no shortage of social obligations. The date night and Bible Study groups that we'd hoped to participate in this year have come to fruition. We will be going to the first meeting for our Bible Study in a few nights. The first group date night is scheduled for later this month, and on top of both of these exciting events, Josh has purchased the book for the Sunday School book study. So needless to say we've not been lacking in activities around the Briones' home.

Plus, Josh has been staying more than busy working on the musical preparations at the local auditorium. This year they'll be presenting Li'l Abner and I can hardly wait to see it for the first time. I've thoroughly enjoyed listening to discussions of the plans for this show. And just today we received our notification from the Arts Center that the Dessert Theater planned for Valentine's Day will be occurring. Needless to say, we're both eagerly looking forward to attending it.
However, our excitement with these new plans doesn't focus just around what we've been doing outside of the home. Oh no! Let me tell you more about what I have been doing while Josh has been otherwise occupied outside of the home? I've begun doing some major work on Ella's nursery this last weekend and believe that major progress has been made toward converting the room from my office and into her room. All of her toys have found a home and her books have their own shelves. Josh and I put together her swing, bouncy chair, baby tub, and we've moved her car seats, slings, crib bedding, and carriers into her room. Even more work will be taking place this weekend since my Momma (Ella's Gran) will be delivering her crib, stroller, hamper for clothes, and rocking chair. I can hardly wait to have her room fully decorated and ready to go for our little wiggle worm.


And yes, I've even managed to stay more than busy when I've not been working on Ella preparations. A good friend and I recently went to go see Bride Wars at the local theater. It was a cute chick flick. But this was far from the first social outting that I'd had lately. Truly, I've found myself going out more than usual to celebrate or experience various social events with friends. And yes, it certainly appears as if this trend will continue. Not only do we have plans to go out regularly over the next few months for various social obligations such as the Dessert Theater, Little Abner, our monthly Date night, weekly Bible Study night, and Junior Women's Club functions, but I've also been drafted to head up the Superbowl chili sale for church. :)

As you can tell busyness is abounding around here. Truthfully, I'm loving it. So what wonderful things has the New Year brought into your life? And how are your New Year Resolutions going?

No comments: