Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ella preparations and other 2009 changes


Life has been particularly busy these last couple of weeks, but I'm certainly not complaining. I think I prefer to be busy over lacking enough to fill my time. However, I've still not managed to fully follow through any particular week doing the Fly lady zones, but we are making progress.
So each small step in that direction is a positive one. And yet again this week, I find myself more determined than ever to make it through the week cleaning more deeply and becoming more organized. Of course, I've also got to fight off the cold that has tackled my immune system, but that more than possible! After all, we can do anything for fifteen minutes.

Speaking of small steps, it's particularly hard to believe that we have only thirty (or so) small days left until Ella Rose is schedule to join us. Wow! It seems like yesterday that I was busting with the excitement of discovering Ella was beginning to form inside me and now within a few short weeks she'll be outside of me and with us for many years to come. Josh and I have been doing a lot of work on her nursery and we are much closer to ready for her arrival than we were two weeks ago. Ella's crib is in its place and all the extraneous furniture has been moved into storage. That's right! I no longer have an office here in our home, but instead we have Ella's room and I can hardly wait to have Ella inside that room too.


Speaking of hardly waiting, honestly, I am secretly wondering if Ella will wait until her scheduled due date to grace us with her presence. I've begun to have some fairly strong Braxton Hicks contractions. So I guess we'll see how patient this little one is. After all, as people continue to remind me it's all in her time now.

Thankfully, preparations for her arrival at church are moving right along too though. The nursery actually has a crib, pack-n-play and a bassinet for Ella, Avis, and Naomi now. All of these were moved into the church's annex nursery today along with a changing table and several other items. Now we've just got to continue adding to this little area and schedule nursery workers so that preparations will be finalized for when the girls are ready to use the space. Toys are essentials too of course.

But as I sit here and think about the preparations that we have yet to do before Ella arrives, such as putting a door on her closet, a mattress in her crib and a border on her walls, I can't help but think about how much has changed in the last year.

Just this weekend I attended my first Moultrie Junior Women's Club meeting as a New Member. Likewise, just this weekend I gave my first annual report as Senior Warden of St. Margaret's Episcopal Church. And finally just this last week three baby showers for Ella have been scheduled, one at school, one at church and one in my hometown.

However, as much as things have changed...some have remained the same. For instance, just like last year and the year before that this is a busy season for Josh. The high school musical is rapidly approaching and he's working hard to finalize set preparations as well as lighting for the musical. And as if that wasn't enough to keep him busy, he's begun preparations for the Dessert Theater taking place on Valentine's Day. Josh will be playing one of the lead roles as Adam and reading his love letters to Eve. I can hardly wait to hear those!

And so as 2009 rapidly rolls forward, I can't help but wonder what will continue to change throughout this year and what will change. How has your life changed in the last year? And what changes do you see coming in this one?

No comments: