Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Waiting for the Christmas Season


Our stockings are hung, our Christmas wreaths are properly place. The Christmas decorations are set out. Our Christmas letter has been written and is waiting to be mailed. Our plans to put up and decorate our Christmas tree have been made, but school has not yet ended. One more day, I keep telling myself...one more day of school. I'm not sure who is more ready to be out for the holidays, the students or the teachers. But I know I AM!
I've very excited about this Christmas Season this year. In fact, I can't remember a Christmas that I was this excited or this anxious to have it arrive. I've gotten more of my Christmas shopping finished than usual. I'm planning to finish the rest up this Friday, once I finally get out for Christmas vacation.

Perhaps, I'm so restless because I know what a big Christmas this is for us. Josh and I are celebrating our first Christmas together as husband and wife. Therefore it will be one that lives in our memories forever. And we are also finding ourselves very conscious of the fact that it will be another first in a LONG line of firsts. Next year, I will be anxious for Christmas because it will be our little baby's first Christmas. And to be honest, I can hardly wait!!!! :)

Nor can I wait for this Christmas. My cousin called the other day and my Aunt and cousin are going to bring the little cousins with them to play with Annie, Gabe, and Danny. It's going to be so much fun watching them all together, playing, laughing, singing and unwrapping presents. They are my little angels and the light of Josh's and my lives.

Family means so much to both of us....and perhaps that why I believe that's it not simply that the weather has been just right for Christmas! Of course, I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, but not holding my breath. The cold weather will suffice. But rather that some of this extra excitment for Christmas comes from knowing that I have a constant companion this Christmas. One that will bring so may changes into our lives, and so much joy. So yes, I do believe knowing about this little appleseed sized person, is making all of those old Christmas stories and Christmas traditions seem all the more special this year.

However, I think there's an added element of specialness to this Christmas, because it's the last one that we get to be simply Aunt Betty and Uncle Josh. I think we both want to savor each and every last moment of that as well. Which makes the moments with our niece and nephews so much more special. But even with that said, I do hope they all know...no matter what happens, nothing will change our love for them and we'll always have an open heart, a willing ear and yes, even an open door if they need it.

So come Christmas...we're ready...and bring all the miracles that you may.

No comments: