Thursday, June 12, 2008

Toes


Good morning all-

This is going to be a quick entry, but I just had to post a "ta da!" After my first back surgery just over three years ago, I lost a good bit of flexibility. In fact, I lost so much flexibility that I wasn't able to touch my toes. However, after this second surgery, I was horrified to discover that I could only reach my knees when I bent over. My body simply froze up and I couldn't get any lower.

However, today after returning from physical therapy and thinking about how wonderful I feel, I decided to try it again! Guess what! Not only can I touch my toes, but I can do what the physical therapist told me would most likely never happen again. I can put my hands flat on the floor. Now granted, I couldn't have done that even before my back surgery so it's SO nice to know that I can do it now.

And so this post is simply to say, "YAY! I can touch my toes!"

1 comment:

Ally said...

Congratulations!! It's easy to take things like flexibility for granted; I've noticed that I'm stiffer now, so I've been making a point of stretching regularly. It really makes a difference.