Sunday, July 20, 2014

Creative juices cleaning up a storm

I've been joking with a good friend who is currently 9 months pregnant that I've been nesting for her. And seriously y'all, I could be!  Because I'm definitely not pregnant, but I've been deep cleaning
and de-cluttering my house the way I did before my first born graced us with her presence. So far I've deep cleaned the bathroom, hallway, dining room, & living room. Next up are the kitchen, laundry room, guest room/office and all of the bedrooms. I'm determined everything will be clean and de-cluttered before school begins. Whew! Wish me luck. My girls are determined that their friends need to play inside every day. It's an ongoing battle, but I shall win!

And not only have I been cleaning up a storm, but I've found that my creative juices have been particularly flowing this summer. Not only have I painted both exterior doors aqua and turned the front porch into abstract art, but I've refinished/painted numerous pieces of furniture, the most recent piece of furniture being my paternal grandmother "E"'s buffet. I inherited it when she passed away and have enjoyed it ever since, but  the wear and tear had worn on it. So I decided to grab my acrylic paints and fix it right up. I wasn't really sure how to describe it's refinishing, but my husband was. He said that I white washed it. After he said that, I realized he was right! It's now off white with blue/green streaks throughout. I am really proud of how it has turned out. See below (this was before cleaning and de-cluttering so please ignore the mess underneath)


Other creative projects I've undertaken in the past few days are: baking bread, cutting out a pattern for my youngest daughter's first day of school outfit, recovering the girls art display boards with fabric, and discussing guest writing on a friend's blog!  

She has an impressive blog: Make it Work Molly and had posted a query on Facebook asking if any of us knew Mommas who pack bento lunches. And I do! So we the possibility of my writing about that, bread making, etc. I can hardly wait! I even got my Momma in on the action and she's creating a logo for my new blog! I'll share more about the new blog when I get it up and going.

Speaking of getting up and going, many people have asked me what I plan to do with my time when both girls go to school this fall. I've thrown out answers such as: have a clean house, exercise, substitute teach, etc. In truth, as school approaches this year I am beginning to believe that this school year will reinvigorate my creative side. I am hopeful that I will be able to scrapbook, sew, craft, and even finally update Evie Alice's baby book (it's never been filled out nearly as well as Ella Rose's was). 

It's going to be a great school year, y'all.  I am eagerly anticipating the adventures that await.  Join me won't you?




No comments: