Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Christmas Bustle

The Christmas shopping is finished! School ended (FINALLY!!) on Thursday and I spent all day yesterday running from store to store...but I had fun. I do so enjoy picking out things that I know that my loved ones desire.

I was surprised how long it took, but a little after six I pulled into home...lugged in the packages, boxes and bows. Okay...no bows. And I began to wrap all of the gifts for our families and friends. My wonderful husband came in a few hours later and found me still working on this project. So he helped me finish wrap up the last few. What would I do without him? Possibly, I'd still be wrapping.

Then today, we slept in! It was so nice!!!! I do believe our "little apple seed" makes that much more easy to find sleep appealing...although the apple seed is growing quickly and will be the size of a sweet pea in two days. WOW! Time sure it going quickly. It's hard to believe I'm almost six weeks into this forty week journey.

Anyway, after sleeping in, I ran to the store to take care of some last minute things , and came back to discover that my dear husband was ready to go Christmas tree shopping. YES!! We have the most wonderful Christmas tree this year! It's not terribly tall, or terribly short. It's just right.Yes, we are very much like Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

Back to details about the tree, it's a Douglas Fir and so soft. There's no bad side and we didn't have to cut branches off the bottom. Plus our angel fits perfectly on the top. So who could ask for more?There is no doubt this tree is perfect! It fits in the space allocated for it and we both get to look at it as we come and go. Even Abby, Rachel and Shayne have started paying attention to it...but who wouldn't? It just smells and looks SO good.

We had a blast decorating the tree. Josh put on the lights. We opted for the colored ones. I know that the clear are much more classy, but the colored ones are just SO much fun....and I' m in a have fun mood.

Speaking of fun...as I placed ornaments upon the tree, I discovered I have ones that belong to both my sister and my Daddy. I'd not realized I'd lovingly ransomed these, but perhaps that's a good thing a little leverage never hurt anyone when it comes to holding Christmas tree ornaments jokingly hostage. Speaking of hostage ornaments, the ones that were the most fun to apply had to be the candy canes!

What can I say....Daddy and I have stolen these candy canes from each other's trees for more years than I can count. He even got Josh in on our game last year. But it will be a LONG drive for him to remove the candy canes this year. So I think they'll just have to enjoy my tree....
But then on the other hand, since I know he enjoys them so much maybe we'll let them visit his tree, though. I guess he'll just have to wait and see...

No comments: